Jointly with the mother of the bride, I hosted a bridal shower for a friend this Saturday. The bride’s mom called me from New York and said she wanted to throw a party, but needed “support on the ground”. So, I agreed to pull together a guest list and host.
I had a lot of fun picking out and picking up the party food. I stopped at 4 stores, 3 of which were in walking distance of my home. Technically the 4th (Busch’s on South Main Street) was also in walking distance, but I didn’t leave enough time for the trip. Here’s the menu:
- Luscious Highland smoked salmon from Tracklements, in Kerrytown
- A selection of cheeses from Sparrow Meat and Produce, also in Kerrytown
- Rosemary sheep cheese
- Shropshire blue
- A mild cheese that starts with a C that I can’t recall
- A Zingerman’s baguette
- Bon bons and yummy cookies with jam inside from Jefferson Market & Cakery
- Along with some wine (not local), I served jasmine tea from Arbor Teas
- The only item that required a car trip was the fruit salad, from Busch’s.
What fun to spend a beautiful spring day walking through the neighborhood to gather treats for the party!