So, when I went to meet my sister for the Heinrich family reunion in Logansport, I brought with me some local treats for my Atlanta-based sister and her family. Specifically, I transported the following:
- lovely Arbor Teas’ organic, fair trade, and sustainably packaged green tea. She had ordered some black tea for herself, but I included a few more green varieties so the family could taste test.
- fillable tea bags from Ann Arbor’s bulk foods store By the Pound, so we didn’t have to brew entire pots of tea we just wanted to taste and so I didn’t have to haul a teapot there and back.
- luscious dried cherries from By the Pound. The kids just scarf these up (as do some adults).
- a sweet strawberry “gardening hat” for my 2 year old niece from Downtown Home & Garden.
- a Detroit Tigers sweatshirt for my nephew – who loves orange.
I’m happy there are still some special things I can share from my hometown. As for the tea tasting, my sister preferred the Genmaicha and my mom preferred the Gunpowder #2. I’m trying to make room in my cupboard for Jade Oolong – the best tea ever, so I was happy to give away the Genmaicha and Gunpowder.