- Publisher: Que Publishing
- Available in: Paperback, Kindle
- ISBN: 978-0789747891
- Published: August 20, 2011
In 2011, Que published our book, Internet Marketing Start to Finish: Drive Measurable, Repeatable Online Sales with Search Marketing, Usability, CRM, and Analytics.
Dunrie co-wrote this book with Catherine Juon and Catherine Buerkle. It was fun to write – it crystallized our thinking on marketing. We share some discoveries, some case studies, and some bad decisions we witnessed during our time together at Pure Visibility.
Steps in Planning Metrics-Driven Internet Marketing
The book covers how to plan and implement a metrics-driven internet marketing program. It builds on our work in user research, our experience in search engine marketing and search engine optimization, and a grounding in web analytics.
We bring these threads together to provide guidelines for building a website that meets user needs and goals. Essential tasks include:
- understand and communicate your users’ needs
- identify the language your users use to find your product or service,
- target the places they look products and services like yours (often but not always search engines), and then
- iteratively optimize your website.
Dunrie gave talks expanding on topics in the book, including
- Writing for the Web at the Automotive PR Council and
- the Pitfalls of Internet Marketing at Automation Alley.
Reader and Reviewer Feedback
Our book received good reviews from readers and reviewers – for instance the American Library Association’s Choice magazine gave it “highly recommended” rating.
In Marketing We Trust also named the book to its Top 25 Analytics books to read in 2016 post. We’re in that list with great, and humbling, company.