ArbCamp was Saturday 10/27.
What amazed me was the number of students who were able to attend – driving to Ann Arbor from E. Lansing, Flint, and some coming from the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area. Talking to the students was a highlight for me. The only business cards I exchanged were with students. I think my first business card was post-grad-school-graduation, so this particular crop of students has several years of wisdom on myself at that age. They impressed me for their preparation, their entrepreneurism, and their networking skills.
Here’s a list of websites I jotted down:
- blueprintcss – Google code to reduce development time
- Andrew Turner’s mapufacture
- platial – social networking & maps
- dapper – a content aggregator
- virb – social networking
- Yahoo! mash – social networking (learn more at techcrunch)
- ning – social networking
- collectivex – social networking
- a small world – social networking for the very rich?
Here’s the “new”Â idea that everyone else seemed to know but me: microformats.